Corporate Law & Business Transactions
Business & Corporate Law
Sparkman + Foote provides a broad range of legal services for businesses, including LLCs, corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. Our lawyers are true partners, trusted advisors, and powerful advocates to our business clients in the United States and abroad. We take the time to learn about each client’s business, goals, and the challenges they face, and offer a robust suite of legal services to help them meet those challenges. Sparkman + Foote often is asked to serve as outside general counsel for our clients, managing all their legal needs, including business transactions, employment, intellectual property protection, and litigation management.
Our lawyers provide legal advice and services in the following areas and others:
- Choosing and forming the right entity for the client’s situation, including workable corporate bylaws, LLC operating agreements, and partnership agreements
- Equity and debt financing, including private placement of securities
- Exit planning for owners and investors
- Merger, acquisition, or sale of a business
- Corporate governance and fiduciary obligations
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Employment matters (employer-side), including policies and procedures, handbooks, employment contracts, disciplinary actions, harassment and discrimination complaints, and employee terminations
- Assisting executives in evaluating or negotiating employment agreements, including non-compete agreements
- Trade secrets and trademark prosecution and licensing
- Business closure or dissolution
- Resolving internal business disputes
We offer you substantial experience in a variety of industries, including oil and gas, construction, medical devices, environmental, nonprofits, law practices, banking and finance, import-export, services and consulting, manufacturing, and others.
The lawyers at Sparkman + Foote have extensive experience in assisting clients in structuring and documenting domestic and international business transactions in a variety of industries.
From simple to complex, we provide guidance to ensure that our clients are best situated in any business transaction. Our lawyers possess a wide range of transactional experience, ranging from distribution agreements to debt and equity financing, from contracts providing for the sale of goods and services to international investment contracts. At Sparkman + Foote we focus on clarity and practicality in drafting documents that effectively achieve the results our clients seek. We encourage clients to consult with us at the early stages of potential transactions, so we can offer the benefit of our extensive experience in negotiating and structuring transactions for the best and most pragmatic outcome, as well as documenting the agreement and effectively dealing with the devil that is in the details. Below are some examples of our Business Transactions practice.
- Sales, Supply, and Distribution Agreements
- Employment, Independent Contractor, Non-Disclosure, and Non-Compete Agreements
- Employee Compensation Plans
- Shareholder/ LLC Member Agreements; Buy-Sell Agreements
- Loan Agreements
- Master Services Agreements
- Equipment Leases
- Documents for Private Placements of Equity Securities
- Contracts for Purchase and Sale of Companies or Assets
- Purchase and Sale of Stock and LLC and Partnership Interests
- Restructuring and Winding Up Companies