Federal and State Tax Law and Planning
The lawyers at Sparkman + Foote LLP are well-versed in federal and state income taxation, including:
- Corporate and partnership taxation
- Tax structuring of mergers and acquisitions
- Tax-free reorganizations
- Federal estate and gift taxation
- U.S. taxation of investments and business activities by U.S. persons in foreign jurisdictions
- U.S. taxation of investments and business activities by foreign persons in the U.S.
- Rescissions of transactions
- Equity compensation
- Non-qualified deferred compensation
- Qualified employee incentive plans
- Non-profit organization tax rules
We have represented taxpayers in administrative hearings with the IRS and in U.S. Tax Court proceedings in a variety of cases, including corporate tax issues, employee versus independent contractor issues, estate tax inclusion and valuation, responsible officer cases, and other areas.
We can also advise and assist you on matters of Colorado and California sales, use, and franchise taxes.